28/04/2013

I do x I am doing II




Practice:

1- At the moment   I __________  ( work \  am working)
2- Right now _______  ( I \I am ) at work , my boss  __________  (shows\ is showing )me  how to use a new software
3- My parents are of Italian ancestry.. they ______( travel\ are traveling )   for the first time together in years
4- I am with my students at a bar right now, we _______( have \ are having )   a couple of Itaipavas to chill out
5- X is quite smart, this week she ______ ( takes part \ is taking )   part in an international congress on nuclear physics¨
6- Adriano Silva is one of the best* surfers in the world, he ____ originally from Guarujá, but currently *lives in the US.       

To “live” is usually a non progressive verb .. uma frase como “ está ou estou morando em tal lugar não em tão comum in English, instead ( ao invés ) se diz “ I live in __  now “ , querendo dizer “ estou morando lá “ 
                      
Word bank:
1- At least = pelo menos..
2- Which= o\a   qual.. 
3- To hope = esperar, no sentido de ter esperança, desejar 
4- Garden=jardim
5- Do the dishe s= lavar as louças, “fazer” as louças  (  também se diz “wash the dishes”)
6- The biggEST.. smallEST = o maior, o menor ( para caracterizar os superlativos acrescenta-se EST ao fim da palavra, ou “ the most” ao início, como veremos adiante)